Monday, July 11, 2011

Heist Society Project: Check!

I have completed only one of my items off my to-do list, but what an accomplishment! I finally finished the book: Heist Society, which I was asked to read and write 50 comprehension test questions. I did not care for the book, which made it very difficult to do; however, I persevered. This is one of those life lessons I try to instill in my students and my own children: I don't have to like something to do it; I just need to buckle down and do it. So, I am relieved that this off my to-do list. Now I can focus on other things.

I also had a great time at the school today, despite having air for only two hours. It's tough working in the heat all day, but I was able to I help another colleague set up some of her room, put away a lot of print shop orders, set-up some of my room, and do some planning. She and I talked about new policies and procedures, as well as how we might set up each day of the week by task.

The tech person helped me with my laptop. I explained that I was unable to access files and do some of the work I needed to do. He chuckled that the laptops should be checked over the summer for updates and maintenance, but the reality is that teaches have to keep working in their lessons and skills over the summer. There isn't enough time do what they are asking during the school year. He was very nice and helpful.

All in all, it was a very productive day!

No comments: